The chopper fan is a heavy duty, purpose designed, material handling fan in our industrial exhauster line. Its function is to provide the required conveying air volume and pressure to efficiently chop and transport waste material through your system.
CHOPPER WHEEL DESIGN
Chopper fan wheels are self cleaning and have heavy gauge or plate single surface radial blades that are continuously welded to a flat backplate. Wheels can be fitted with hardened steel cutting blades to give it the added capability to chop large pieces of waste into smaller more manageable pieces. Hardened and abrasive resistant blade materials are used when requested. All wheels are statically and dynamically balanced on precision electronic balancing equipment.
DFC chopper fans are available with wheel diameters from 22.25” to 50.25”. They can be equipped with an adjustable spring loaded inlet assembly to ensure the correct chopping action occurs during operation and to provide protection from surge loads. They feature fixed housings that can be constructed at any discharge angle. AMCA arrangements 1, 4, 8, and 9 are available. Sizes and performance requirements outside the standard product line are our specialty. Contact us for information.
Housings for all DFC fans are continuously welded for strength and are airtight. Extra heavy-duty steel gauges are used for superior strength with heavy-duty angles and bars added to the case for additional stiffness and support ensuring vibration free performance. Continuously welded and drilled Inlet and Outlet flanges are standard on all fans. All-welded heavy-duty steel bearing pedestals maintain accurate drive alignment. We use anti-friction pillow block bearings rated for 100,000 hours (L10) of operation. Fan shafts are turned ground and polished and selected for a minimum first critical speed 33% above the maximum fan speed. Stainless Steel, Aluminum and special alloy construction is available for all fans.
- Dynamic Fan gray enamel paint is standard
- Shaft, belt and coupling guards are standard
- Housing drain with plug is standard
- Bolted access door is standard
- All DFC fans are tested at design operating speed and trim balanced prior to shipment.
- Custom paint
- Epoxy coating
- Primer only
- Teflon coated wheels
- Polyurethane coating
- Hinged, flush, or raised access doors
- Access doors with gaskets
- hardened steel cutting blades
- adjustable spring loaded inlet assembly
- High temperature construction
- Abrasion Resistant (AR) housings and AR housing liners
- Chromium carbide housings and chromium carbide housing liners
- Abrasion Resistant (AR) wheel blades and AR wheel blade liners
- Chromium carbide wheel blades and chromium carbide wheel blade liners
- Stainless steel construction
- Special alloy construction
- Spark resistant construction