Dynamic Fan Corporation OPW fans have flat radial blade wheels. The paddle wheel design is well suited for air that ranges from clean to heavy particulate. They can also be used for material handling applications. OPW fans generate low to moderate CFM and pressures. The rugged design is well suited for elevated temperatures and having wear liners welded to the wheel blades and inside the fan housing.
OPW WHEEL DESIGN
OPW fan wheels are designed for clean to heavily dust laden airstreams and light to medium material handling applications. The wheel design allows these fans to perform at low to moderate air volumes and pressures. OPW wheels have heavy gauge or plate single surface radial blades that are continuously welded to a single or double spider. Hardened and abrasive resistant blade materials are used when requested. Rings are added to ensure wheel integrity when tip speeds require.Taper bore steel hubs with easy release companion bushings are standard. All wheels are statically and dynamically balanced on precision electronic balancing equipment.
OPW fans are available in wheel diameters from 12.25” to 85.25”. They are available to operate at temperatures of up to 1200 deg. F. and air flow of 200 to 120,000 CFM up to 46” SP. They feature fixed housings that can be constructed at any discharge angle. All standard AMCA arrangements except arrangement 4 are available and all performance ratings are based on tests made in accordance with AMCA standards. Sizes and performance requirements outside the standard product line are our specialty. Contact us for information.
Housings for all DFC fans are continuously welded for strength and are airtight. Extra heavy-duty steel gauges are used for superior strength with heavy-duty angles and bars added to the case for additional stiffness and support ensuring vibration free performance. Continuously welded and drilled Inlet and Outlet flanges are standard on all fans. All-welded heavy-duty steel bearing pedestals maintain accurate drive alignment. We use anti-friction pillow block bearings rated for 100,000 hours (L10) of operation. Fan shafts are turned ground and polished and selected for a minimum first critical speed 33% above the maximum fan speed. Stainless Steel, Aluminum and special alloy construction is available for all fans.
- Dynamic Fan gray enamel paint is standard
- Shaft, belt and coupling guards are standard
- Housing drain with plug is standard
- Bolted access Door is standard
- All DFC fans are tested at design operating speed and trim balanced prior to shipment.
- Custom paint
- Epoxy coating
- Primer only
- Teflon coated wheels
- Polyurethane coating
- Hinged, flush, or raised access doors
- Access doors with gaskets
- High temperature construction
- Abrasion Resistant (AR) housings and AR housing liners
- Chromium carbide housings and chromium carbide housing liners
- Abrasion Resistant (AR) wheel blades and AR wheel blade liners
- Chromium carbide wheel blades and chromium carbide wheel blade liners
- Stainless steel construction
- Special alloy construction
- Spark resistant construction